[TenTec] Corsair 560 alignment

Barry N1EU barry.n1eu at gmail.com
Thu Oct 3 13:51:16 EDT 2013

Congrats - the Corsair is a fine rig.  The Corsair should have
excellent sensitivity on all bands.  You might need to do a little
contact cleaning on internal connectors, xtal filters, switches,
controls, etc. as well as aligning per Section III of the manual.
Look closely for poor solder connections on PCBs.  PCBs are generally
easy to remove if you need to - remove a few screws and the numerous
well marked cable connectors and they pop right out.

Narrow filters for the 6.3MHz i.f. are often available from the usual
used ham gear outlets and on this reflector.

73/GL,
Barry N1EU