[TenTec] I like it!

Richards jrichards at k8jhr.com
Sat Oct 5 11:33:45 EDT 2013

TenTec Equipment Mavens -

I was extremely pleased to see the TenTec Acrobat dipole center
insulator as the centerpiece of a set of Jetstream (TM) G5RV antenna
products.  They use the typical triangle shaped center conductor to
convert the window line tuning stub to coax - but they chose the TT
Acrobat center insulator to mate the dipole elements with the window line.

OK, not a huge deal, but a minor success nonetheless.  Every little sale
helps keep the lights on at TT HQ.

I think this is an underrated and under appreciated item in the TT line.
  It matches both coax and window line, and can be quickly assembled in
the field with just a screwdriver.  I recommend these to new hams
wanting to get on the air quickly, along with the Budwig HQ1
element-to-coax insulator.  You can home brew practically everything,
but these two items beat any home made equivalents.

So, TT supplies parts for Jetstream dipoles...  nice.

See one here:

http://www.randl.com/shop/catalog/popup_image.php?pID=71372

Happy trails.