[TenTec] TT Eagle mic equalization

Robert Mcgraw rmcgraw at blomand.net
Fri Oct 11 12:21:16 EDT 2013

I suggest setting the DSP MIC gain to a value between 35 to 45, speech
processor OFF and then using the mike and in your normal voice, adjust
the hardware mike gain on the side of the radio for normal ALC LED
action.  Normal is an occasional flash.  It should not flash on every
word.  Set the SP to avalue of about mid way.  This should be about
optimum for that mike.  I use the hand mike on my Eagle with excellent
reports although it is a bit light on the bottom end.  This works for DX
and mobile operation.  To get a better overall sound, a mike such as the
709 is ideal.

73
Bob, K4TAX

> Well
I got my (new to me) TT Eagle yesterday and am impressed with the
little rig

> Receive audio is very good, but I notice that when transmitting with
the
> hand mic that comes with the rig, its audio is not as clear as with my
Omni 7 with 709 mic and 10 db of equalization.