[TenTec] What is Ten Tec Doing Today?

Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP Rick at DJ0IP.de
Fri Oct 11 18:11:44 EDT 2013

Dave,

Interesting post.  Very good.

For the first 3/4 of your post, I thought "this guy is majoring in minors",
until you hit the nail on the head.
Spot on!
The OM7's AGC performance, specifically its response to very short pulse
noise, is pathetic!  There are no other words to describe it.

The good news is, I have never felt my Eagle is that way, and a recent
firmware upgrade is said to have fixed that problem on the O2.  One can only
hope that a similar OM7 update will follow.

Indeed "THAT" was (and still is) the single biggest problem of the OM7.

The only thing you got wrong in your post was Sherwood's first name.  It's
"Rob", not Bob.  (hi)

TO ALL OF YOU GUYS OUT THERE CRITICIZING THE OMNI VII and Ten-Tec, I CAN
ONLY SAY, be grateful for what you have.
I would love to have an OM VII, but can't afford to buy one.
My wife keeps playing the lottery.
If she ever hits it, I'm buying an OM VII.

I would not trade my Eagle for an OM VII, because I backpack my Eagle up a
mountain side to my antenna test site quite often. Sometimes 5 times per
week.  But I sure would love to have an OM VII as my main rig.  I would
prefer it over an Orion.

73
Rick, DJ0IP