[TenTec] What is Ten Tec Doing Today?

jack jfriend31 at comcast.net
Fri Oct 11 19:16:39 EDT 2013

Bravo Dave,

I have 2 Orion 565's in original shape. to use any of the more recent
firmware changes I must modify my radios. I am disappointed that the promise
to make the original 565 more modern have required such modification at my
expense. I have used several versions of the 1.xxx firmware and settled on
the last 2 versions issued. neither fixes the problem with SWEEP which often
shuts down the radio completely until the radio is switched off and
restarted. thus what sweep it had is seriously degraded.

both radios work well but for that one issue. as I only operate CW and
rarely PSK, I have no idea what SSB or other mode challenges there may be.

I purchased the 565 with the expectation that it would be updated timely.
none of the 1.xxx firmware versions has made the SWEEP function of the
original 565 work properly. for those of us who do not desire to modify our
radios we are left out in the dark. it would seem to me that now that no
more Orions are being built firmware could be created for those of us who
wish to keep the Orion original even at cost.

most logging software that costs is updated and one pays a premium to get
that update. I would be willing to do that for my 565's.

73 jack
ak7o