[TenTec] Orion Power Out

Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP Rick at DJ0IP.de
Sat Oct 12 04:36:42 EDT 2013

Art, are you measuring with a dummy load attached or with an antenna?
What power supply are you using, and what are its key up and key down
voltages at the transceiver back panel?

73
Rick, DJ0IP

-----Original Message-----
From: TenTec [mailto:tentec-bounces at contesting.com] On Behalf Of art N4UC
Sent: Saturday, October 12, 2013 5:45 AM
To: TenTec reflector
Subject: [TenTec] Orion Power Out

After getting my 565 Orion back from the factory earlier this year, I've
noticed that I only get about 50W out on 10M, and 80W on 15. All other bands
are over 100W out. I can't say for sure what the numbers were when it went
in and I know it's a minor nit in the grand scheme of things, but it's the
principle of the thing especially since I don't drive an amp. Is this
typical of Orions, or is there a tweak in order?

Art/N4UC