[TenTec] Orion Power Out

art N4UC n4uc at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 12 09:26:01 EDT 2013

Hi Rick.
RF power measurements are taken both into dummy load and well matched antenna (SWR=1.2) . Power supply voltage at back panel connector is 13.95V key-up, and 12.85 key-down on 10, 12.75 on all other bands. More current being drawn at the higher power outputs. Voltage measurements taken on a Fluke 8060A meter.

You bring up a good possibility Rick. I am reading the  power output on a
 TenTec 1225 wattmeter which I have not calibrated in a long while, so I
 do need to do that.  However, the power meter on the Orion does read 100 (full scale) on all bands except 10 and 15, where it reads about 75 % of FS on 10 and 85 % on 15.  While these may be pretty close to actual power readings, I just take these to be values relative to FS.

Tnx es 73, Art