[TenTec] Omni C + new Ham = Oops.

Mike Bryce prosolar at sssnet.com
Wed Oct 16 11:57:08 EDT 2013

Paul,

Remember there are three things in life that always must be taken into account.

1. Time
2. Labor
3. Materials

It's going to take just as much time and just as much labor to install a low beta transistor pair.

Now, before you plop your credit card down, think about this.

Do you plan on keeping this Omni or selling it to get something better? I end up naming 'em and they stay.

If you want to fix the rig and offload it then the  MRF458 @$60 is a good deal.

Personally, I'd go with the MRF454 MATCHED at $96. And while I did say not to pay extra for matching, for the extra $6 why not get them matched. I WON'T pay $20 premium for matching devices.

If you plan on selling it, then use the Chinese devices and sell it on eBay as "worked the last time it was used."

There is a name for the the custom made gain and gain-range matched pair. It's called 35% markup.

Did you get the old ones out?

Mike, WB8VGE