[TenTec] 160 meters, ten ted 238 tuner, part two

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Thu Oct 31 16:35:54 EDT 2013

The Ten Tec 229 and 238 series tuners have a built-in 4:1 transformer to
match open wire line. A "strap" is needed between two terminals on the
rear panel, and the antenna will show up on switch position #4. See the
manual. Since the only parallel-wire line I've ever used was some
vintage 75 ohm KW twinlead, I've never used that transformer.

I suggest that you connect the open wire feedline in that manner and
forget about the 1:1 "balun."

73, Jim K9YC