[TenTec] Paragon II LSB/USB audio differences.

Barry N1EU barry.n1eu at gmail.com
Sun Apr 6 05:06:33 EDT 2014

Good info from Ken.

Do you hear a similar asymmetry on ssb receive?  If it's bfo freq or
filter, you should also hear this difference on receive.  I would also
expect that one SSB mode should sound "bassy" and one SSB mode  should
sound "trebly".  I wouldn't expect one mode to sound correct and the other
mode to sound thin.

An easy thing to do that would help would be to tune the receiver to an
empty part of the band and run the audio through a soundcard spectrum
analyzer on both modes and compare to see the difference in passband
response.  If you can receive ssb through multiple filters, repeat the
spectrum analysis  with the other filters.

73, Barry N1EU