[TenTec] Any update on a replacement for the Orion II?

K8JHR jrichards at k8jhr.com
Sun Apr 6 22:30:51 EDT 2014

Thanks for the gloss on OmniRig... although I am already familiar with
what it, and use it regularly with my FiFi SDR.

I am not sure your list of roadblocks is universally applicable.  None
of those things would preclude my group from using the Eagle in a
contest.  There are alternatives to Wintest which do not require
OmniRig, and we have not been concerned over band stack registers or
band data because we are way too busy making contacts to shuffle the
gear around or change bands during the fray.

Nevertheless, I appreciate your frustration with the program author, as
his reason for indifference seems make-weight and weak as water.

And, yes, Carl can likely solve it - he's a whiz !

Just MY take... I am sure your mileage varies.