[TenTec] Any update on a replacement for the Orion II?

Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP Rick at DJ0IP.de
Mon Apr 7 06:38:17 EDT 2014

We're NOT just trying to win the contest.
I think "this" is what many people fail to understand.

We're chasing the "Club Championship".
We are competing against other similar sized clubs.

We sometimes win it.  Actually quite often.

In most large contests, we'll have about 3 or 4 DX-peditions to some far-off
place in the world, plus several large  contest (fixed) stations of varying
sizes - plus 50 or more guys operating alone from home.

The teams that go off on expeditions are not always the same guys, but they
know what to expect because the stations are built to BCC Standards which
are outlined in the BCC Handbook.  This assures the kit will all play
together and highly reduces the possibility of operator error.

One might wonder if it is even a hobby anymore.
Indeed it seems more like a mission.

I quit going on those large events about 20 years ago.  Too much stress.

I much prefer the smaller groups with 3 to 5 team members or so.
The ones I organized use Ten-Tec gear (and I got chastised for it), but the
club still accepted our points (hi).
Funny, several of the guys who went with me later commented that they were
surprised to see how well the Omni VI+ rigs worked, yet to this day, still
have never bought a Ten-Tec themselves.

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt am Main)