[TenTec] Any update on a replacement for the Orion II?

K8JHR jrichards at k8jhr.com
Mon Apr 7 12:10:10 EDT 2014

On 4/7/2014 11:06 AM, Kimberly Elmore wrote:
   that's what people use: a USB-to-RS232 adapter since no one puts
RS232 ports on either desktop motherboards of laptops anymore.

NOT SO, DICK TRACY !   There IS a way.

I use a 4-port serial port PCIe I/O add-on card that gave my new
computer 4 old fashioned serial ports.   NO USB-SERIAL ADAPTERs in my
shack.  These look and act and feel just like regular built-in serial
ports, so no finicky oddball drivers.  No issue with potentially bogus
bootleg Prolific brand chips.

Cost - $20

Problem solved.  There is no reason to pay more for a USB-to-Serial
adapter cable and suffer its little idiosyncrasies.