[TenTec] Any update on a replacement for the Orion II?

Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP Rick at DJ0IP.de
Mon Apr 7 16:15:24 EDT 2014

In one point James is right.
The people in EU aren't really standing in line to buy an Eagle, and having
Omni-Rig support wouldn't change that.
However I never once said that Omni-Rig was the reason that for this,
because it's not.
James made that bit up himself.

It is very disappointing for me personally, but since the guys here don't
accept Ten-Tec radios at their major contest stations or on their
DX-pedition anyway, it is a moot point.

And yes, the boys in the German club are more regimented.
That pretty much nails it.
It has advantages and disadvantages but it seems to work for them.

"Contesting" is competitive and there are thousands of guy in it hoping to
win.
If you just blow off the procedures used by the regular winners, well you'll
probably never be one.

Though not German perhaps you should look into the policies at K3LR or
KC1XX.
They are also highly standardized and won't change their policies because
someone likes some other radio.
If you are lucky enough to get an invitation to join one of those teams for
a contest, you can bring your own headphones and maybe paddle, but that's
it.  No new unknowns get introduced just before a contest.

Buying a radio then waiting to see what software will work with it, is about
like having to pass a healthcare bill to see what's in it.  ;-)

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt am Main)