[TenTec] DIY VFO jumper for Omni B

Neil Martinsen-Burrell neilmartinsenburrell at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 22:20:22 EDT 2014

A very short piece of wire with two phono plugs on the end has done the
trick!  There is no more display instability on transmit.  The cord I had
been using was 3 or 4 feet long so it could have been picking up some RF,
especially on bands where my antenna is close to the radio.

The radio didn't come with a jumper plug for the accessory connector but it
appears to work in spite of that.  Do I need to short two of the pins on
that connector together?  I can't tell from the schematic which two pins
you are referring to.  I see +REG coming from the IF-AGC board, but I don't
see a connection between the PTO and the accessory connector.  Can you be
more specific?

-Neil KD0UKC