[TenTec] Any update on a replacement for the Orion II?

Barry N1EU barry.n1eu at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 06:13:17 EDT 2014

On Tue, Apr 8, 2014 at 3:27 AM, Toby Pennington <w4cakk at centurylink.net>wrote:

> I have been reading this thread and hearing of the longing of many to see
> a rig of the Orion caliber.
>
> I hate to disappoint many,   but this may,  I say may,  never happen!
>
> One primary reason is that in todays market,   the cost of research and
> just the overall expenditure of putting a similar Orion 2 product on the
> market would cost close to 10,000 bucks.  I may be off a little,  but not
> much.

Toby, I appreciate your reasoning but I don't agree in this specific case.
Ten-Tec has a strong, established, well proven, high performance HF
platform to build on.  It has matured seamlessly through Orion, Orion II,
Eagle and RX366.  Likewise, they have the in-house DSP expertise from the
Orions, Omni7, and Eagle development.  I say they WILL have a new flagship
in the near future.

73, Barry N1EU