[TenTec] How much should an ORION-III cost?

Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP Rick at DJ0IP.de
Wed Apr 9 01:27:19 EDT 2014

Let's throw a match into a case of fire-crackers.
(apologies to JH for his Inbox)

We should not just place demands on Ten-Tec without given them an indication
about how much we would be willing to pay for all of this.

How much will we pay for:

A)  The basic O3 with single RX and one SSB roofing filter?  (no pan
adaptor)
B)  The 2nd RX?
C)  A pan adaptor (regardless of whether internal or external)
D)  Each additional roofing filter?
F)  The ATU?
E)  Ethernet connectivity?

About 10 years ago I did a transceiver features survey within the Bavarian
Contest Club.
I brainstormed the questions with Ten-Tec (Jack).

One question was, should the front panel display be in color or not; and if
in color, how much would you be willing to pay?

Interesting answer:  Most people wanted color, but most were not willing to
pay anything for it.
A few offered to pay $10 for it.

GENTLEMEN, THAT DOESN'T WORK!

If we're gonna dance, we gotta pay the fiddler!

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt am Main)