[TenTec] How much should an ORION-III cost?

Cecil chacuff at cableone.net
Wed Apr 9 16:38:31 EDT 2014

An assembled base 100W K3 is $2350 and shipping.

If that's a stretch for a customer then he should be buying an Eagle...not an OIII
An Omni VII costs more than a base K3....and is way more capable.  We don't need to take the OIII down below that....that's an unreasonable expectation.

$4K don't leave Ten-Tec a lot of room to be a game changer.  We're talking flagship here so it won't be a radio for everyone....just as Icoms 7800, Kenwoods 990 etc...

And making it a Cadillac at a Chevrolet price and allowing you to put the Cadillac emblems on later is easy to do when you don't have other products in your line to protect and work around.

Ten-Tec is not Elecraft...and I'm glad...I like big knobs and radios..and better audio and a remote pod...

Let's not mess it up.

Sent from my iPad