[TenTec] USER INTERFACE: Wish List for ORION-III

Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP Rick at DJ0IP.de
Thu Apr 10 01:25:44 EDT 2014

OK Barry, now we are in sync.
I thought I had missed something that is already available.

Yes, that is what needs to happen.

For me, a band scope is not much use on a crowded band in a contest (40/20m)
but would be a blessing on 10m and especially VHF/UHF contests.

By overlaying the bandmap onto it, the scope would become a valuable tool
even on a crowded band.  That would add one more piece of useful information
to the content of the current bandmap, "signal strength".

Good idea.

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt am Main)

-----Original Message-----
From: TenTec [mailto:tentec-bounces at contesting.com] On Behalf Of Barry N1EU
Sent: Wednesday, April 09, 2014 11:54 PM
To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment
Subject: Re: [TenTec] USER INTERFACE: Wish List for ORION-III

The bandmap NEEDS to overlay and align to the panadapter so at a glance you
can correlate panadapter blips with spotted callsigns, or lack of spotted
callsigns.

It hasn't been implemented by the software guys yet, but it's an obvious
need and once it happens, every contest station is going to want
panadapter-on-the-pc capability.

Barry N1EU