[TenTec] How much for an Orion III?

Rsoifer at aol.com Rsoifer at aol.com
Sat Apr 12 09:21:48 EDT 2014

OK guys,

I didn't mean to imply that TT should become a Collins and make ONLY
top-of-the-line products.  TT says that they  plan to emphasize  "affordable"
products, and I'm sure that's a good business decision.   Rather, I'm saying
that if they do bring out a new "flagship" radio, make it the  best on the
market, as the KWM-2 and the 565 Orion were when they came  out.

Not that the KWM-2 was perfect.  It was designed for SSB and had only  an
SSB filter, producing CW by injecting a 1350 Hz tone instead of mic  audio.
It had no RIT or XIT.  It was my main or only radio for  20 years, and I
eventually got a second receiver, a 75S-1 with a CW filter, to  help with CW
operating and split situations.  (Yes, an S-3C would have  been better...)  I
still have the S-1 too, and use it mostly on AM.

73 Ray W2RS