[TenTec] OT: Rob Sherwood's impression of the FLEX 6x00

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Thu Apr 24 01:58:58 EDT 2014

On 4/23/2014 10:39 PM, Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP wrote:
> I have been trying to nudge him into testing more things with the TX.  The
> IMD is clearly the biggest problem, but to those who run multi-multi (or
> multi-TX field days stations), broadband noise is an even bigger problem.

It's also a big deal to those who must coexist on the same band with
those trash generators. When I'm calling a guy with 1.5kW and 3 elements
at 120 ft that I hear over S9 and he CQs in my face, it's the broadband
trash and splatter that prevents him from hearing calls from me and
others. And, of course, he may be running a lot more power than he's
licensed for. Although the difference between 5kW and 1.5 kW is only
5dB. :) Does anyone really believe that the Italians are all running 500W?

73, Jim K9YC