[TenTec] OT: Rob Sherwood's impression of the FLEX 6x00

Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP Rick at DJ0IP.de
Thu Apr 24 16:25:39 EDT 2014

James, it was the head technical guru working for the DARC who personally
told me that if he writes something bad, it won't get past the editors for
fear of losing advertising Deutsch Mark.  This wasn't recent; it was in 1975
and he's now an SK.  I doubt things have changed.

I had a similar occurrence a couple of years ago with a magazine you may be
more familiar with.  I'm not referring to hunches, but rather direct
first-hand knowledge from being told that it is so.  YOU SEEM To BE
SPECULATING.

The only other reason I can think of for them not publishing the facts is,
they were not smart enough to realize it.
I do not believe that to be the case.
What other reason is there?

Also, I would be interested in learning exactly which spec you believe Rob
dinged the Omni VII on.
Rob does not give the radio bad numbers, he reports what he measures.
The only thing I recall being dinged, and rightly so, was the AGC's response
to short impulse noise.
There is no number for that spec.
The numbers of the OMNI VII were all pretty good, especially considering it
has upward conversion.

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt am Main)