[TenTec] Big TX Loops

Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP Rick at DJ0IP.de
Sun Apr 27 02:56:08 EDT 2014

Jim, this is an outstanding method of construction.
My worry would be the loss in the connection of adjacent segments.
Even a fraction of an Ohm resistance in such a connection can cause problems
with the high current running though this antenna.

On the other hand, by having the 45 degree bends, if he would make them say,
45.5 degrees, then he would place a bit of tension on all of the joints.
That might help.

Keeping resistance low is fundamental to this antenna.
All of the commercial manufacturers weld their connections.

By not doing that, it doesn't stop the antenna from working, it just adds
some additional loss.

The only problem is, Lee (who started this thread) wants to use the antenna
indoors, and large magnet loops indoors won't work.  You need to keep a
distance from the floor, ceiling and walls of at least the radius of the
loop, better is to keep the distance the diameter of the loop.  THIS APPLIES
TO OUR CONCRETE HOUSES her in Germany.  I don't know what would happen in a
wood house.  Perhaps it is not so critical.

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt am Main)