[TenTec] Big TX Loops

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Sun Apr 27 03:07:47 EDT 2014

On 4/26/2014 11:56 PM, Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP wrote:
> THIS APPLIES
> TO OUR CONCRETE HOUSES here in Germany.  I don't know what would happen in a wood house.  Perhaps it is not so critical.

Yes, the difference between wood and concrete is significant -- concrete
is a conductor, so it's going to provide some shielding. Glen owns an
Alex loop that he uses QRP from hotel rooms, and it does work with wood
frame construction. All the caveats about height apply. And even in wood
frame construction there are wires.

Your points about contact resistance are well taken. Glen is a fine
engineer who has been working in the space program, holds a dozen
patents. He's studied the literature on loops, and is quite aware of
these issues.

73, Jim K9YC