[TenTec] Omni VI mystery

K8JHR jrichards at k8jhr.com
Mon Apr 28 16:37:19 EDT 2014

Golly - I had presumed you had performed a Master Reset at the outset.

I concede I am a still rookie at much of this technical jazz, but with
these computer processor based radios, the FIRST thing to try is a
Master Reset.

Whenever my Omni VII or Orion II (and even my recently sold Brand X rig)
do anything odd, I do a Master Reset and only once did that fail to fix
the problem.  (One time I had a blown diode in the Omni VII receiver
after accidentally hot-switching an active receive antenna... oops...
duh... my bad... had to send it to TT HQ for a spa treatment.)

Definitely do the full Master Reset.  You might even re-load the
firmware, and maybe even try a newer or older firmware release before
sending it to TT HQ for a rejuvenating spa treatment.