[TenTec] Why is Eagle #2 on order?

george fritkin via TenTec tentec at contesting.com
Fri Aug 1 08:51:02 EDT 2014

I like the Eagle so much that my second one will arrive here Monday!!

George, W6GF

On Friday, August 1, 2014 5:46 AM, Bob McGraw - K4TAX <RMcGraw at Blomand.net> wrote:

If there is an Eagle that turns up in a hamfest, flea market or on one of
the sites that offers things for sale,  do pay attention.  It may be one
that has "flown the coop" --  namely mine!  It is configured with the ATU,
NB and 2 optional filters, supplied with the 702 hand mike and all the
accessories.

OH, if you only knew the story.  Well ......here it is:

As you may know, I've loaned my radio to several ops over the past 2 years.
It has been successfully shipped and landed at the required destinations via
UPS.  Well Monday I shipped it to FL to a long time friend that just happens
to be a member and officer in the SFDXA.  That's South Florida DX Assn.   It
was supposed to arrive on Wed the 30th.  UPS tracking records show that it
along with another package he was to receive were both delivered to his
front door at 1:18PM.  He was home all day and in fact neither package has
been found or seen.  UPS system earlier in the day showed it arrived at the
Deerfield Beach Distribution facility - Out for Delivery.

Of course UPS is giving me the run-a-round saying the it was delivered,
although no signature could be provided.  And then the next inquiry, it was
stated they attempted to contact me but gave some bogus number as the
contact.  And then the agent said there was no record or the shipment being
reported as lost.  Now both myself and the recipient have reported this to
UPS.  Then today after giving them all of the information again, which they
said they didn't have, I asked "so what is the value shown?" and she said
$2100.  Now if they didn't have the information, just how does one figure
they have the value?  Man, they must have some really fantastic crystal
ball.

As Paul Harvey would say, "and now you know the rest of the story".

So in the mean time I will be trying to recover my lost merchandise and/or
obtain compensation from UPS.  From past experience, I have found that to be
a PITA!  In the mean time, for my radio activities, I will be using my Omni
VII or my Argonaut VI.

Also my ability to assist others will be limited to information in the
manual {I'll print a new one} and my recall as I have no radio to measure or
try different scenarios.

I will be expecting the new Eagle late October or early November, just in
time for my birthday.

73
Bob, K4TAX

DISCLOSURE:
This is to inform all persons, I am a Tentec Ambassador and I receive
compensation according to the Tentec Ambassador program.  In addition, I
serve as a volunteer beta test person to Tentec for the Omni VII, Eagle
and Argonaut VI radios.  I hold no employment relationship, no financial
interests nor do I conduct any commercial business, direct or indirect,
with Tentec.