[TenTec] OT: Progresso Soup

Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP Rick at DJ0IP.de
Fri Dec 5 00:32:39 EST 2014

You guys are living in the past.
When we were kids, we were kept on a short line, didn't cut corners, and
families ran a tight ship.

Technology has come a long ways since John was a kid.

Modern string can do all sorts of things it couldn't do back then.
This modern version is more representative of kids now days.
"Who cares how it works; just use it."
;-)

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt am Main)

-----Original Message-----
From: TenTec [mailto:tentec-bounces at contesting.com] On Behalf Of K3GHH
Sent: Friday, December 05, 2014 12:52 AM
To: tentec at contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] OT: Progresso Soup

This is almost as OT as they get, so OT foes, hit Delete immediately!

Is anyone else in our group bugged by the Progresso soup TV ad that features
a tin-can "telephone"? Surely some of you, like me, built and tried one as
kids. The Progresso ad has the string hanging loose and immediately taking a
90-degree turn when it emerges from the bottom of the soup can. This
probably wouldn't bug me so much if a friend and I hadn't been
semi-successful with a string and tin can "telephone" back in the 1950s, so
I know how they work, and it's not like that!

I actually emailed Progresso and explained that its ad men could not
possibly have ever used such a "telephone," but have not heard back (yet).

--John K3GHH