[TenTec] Noisy Eagle update

Stuart Rohre rohre at arlut.utexas.edu
Thu Dec 11 22:26:15 EST 2014

One problem I have seen that leads to either RF feedback or noise is a
bad coax jumper cable, if you have a coaxial pass-thru a wall and have
to use a jumper to your rig.

The most unusual noise problem of late I had, was finding that older
Japanese UHF female connectors are not compatible with modern PL 259
plugs in that the plug may have four teeth to engage the SO 239, but the
import SO 239 only had two notches and not of the same width as 259
teeth.  This was on an old Dentron Super Tuner.  Paradoxically, one of
the SO 239's was four notches like it had been changed out.  Why was the
other one not done as well?  (Little things hard to spot on used
equipment at ham swaps.)

-Stuart Rohre
K5KVH