[TenTec] NB verses NR

Richards jrichards at k8jhr.com
Sun Dec 14 18:59:51 EST 2014

On 12/14/2014 4:29 PM, Carl Moreschi wrote:
> No. CW can be handled by selecting as small a bandwidth as possible.
> SSB on the other hand is much more difficult.  That's where all the
> proprietary schemes come in.

Are you limiting your reply to TT radios?  I believe the TS-590 has two
types of NR, and each is sorta targeted for different types of noise.  I
believe the general consensus is NR1 works best (and was intended for)
SSB, while NR2 works best (and was intended for) CW.  Kenwood product
literature reinforces this impression, so I might conclude some
manufacturers do target different, and specific NR settings for CW.

Also, my outboard DSP filters have settings specifically intended for CW.

This is a broad subject, N'est ce pas?