[TenTec] Orion II Questions

Barry N1EU barry.n1eu at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 19:10:17 EST 2014

Dave, you'll probably get a bunch of comments.  I find the AGC settings
very non-critical and just leave them at default.  What IS important, is to
use relatively high AF Gain and low RF Gain.  First, find your AF Gain
setting: turn preamp on, ATT off, and set RF Gain to 100 and tune in a
strong s9++ signal.  Set the AF Gain to the maximum listening level that is
comfortably tolerable.  Now, leave your AF Gain setting there.  Back off
the RF Gain so that you just hear the band noise.  You're good to go.  If
you want, read http://www.tentecwiki.org/doku.php?id=565_566_588_rf_af_gain

I think #2 is normal and don't worry about it.  Enjoy the radio.

73, Barry N1EU