[TenTec] BUNGEE CORDS

Dave Edwards kd2e at comcast.net
Wed Dec 31 15:22:17 EST 2014

An old timer in my radio club showed me this trick back in the '70s.
I had one up for almost 5 years. When it broke, I noticed the pulley had
rusted. Now I only use marine supply ones (stainless) that are used on
sailboats. I found heavy weights that are perfect for the job. Don't
know what their original purpose was, but they are teardrop shaped, with
a loop at the top. And very heavy. I keep them hanging only a few feet
from the ground. It'd be my luck one would fall just as I was under it,
cutting the grass!!
...Dave