[TenTec] Ten Tec Centaur 411 10m Mod Needed

Thu Feb 13 21:44:31 EST 2014

The filter is a Low Pass filter with a nominal cut-off at about 23 MHz or
slightly above 15M.  As designed this prevents operation above this
frequency being on the 12/10M  bands.  This filter also provides attenuation
of harmonics above the designed cut-off frequency.  Now with the 12/10M
filter installed the cut-off is raised to about 32 MHz thus allowing
operation on 12/10M and yet  still providing adequate attenuation of
harmonics above that frequency.

Removing the filter and replacing it with a jumper will allow the amp to
work on 12/10M but WILL NOT provide ANY harmonic attenuation.   Any
harmonics, i.e. 2nd, 3rd, 4th,  could fall into one of the Public Service
bands.  Should interference occur and the user complain to the FCC, a
written explanation by the operator will be required.  Frankly, in this
case, I can't think of an explanation that would be acceptable.  Just
remember, it is your amp and your license.

73
Bob, K4TAX