[TenTec] Argonauts

Roger C. Rose rcrose at sbcglobal.net
Sat Feb 15 17:03:49 EST 2014

Back in the '80s, I was totally QRP running a 515 and stored solar
power. My most memorable contact was on 10 meter CW running it's usual
1.7 watts out to a Mosley TA-33 at 50'. I worked a guy on the island of
Guernsey and he asked me if I want to further reduce power. He was still
copying me deflecting a needle's-width on the 25 watt scale of a Mirage
MP-1 power meter. I think it was somewhere in the neighborhood of 100
milliwatts out. Then, we went up into the sideband portion and he was
copying me at an estimated 250 milliwatts out. Not bad from West Texas.

73,

Roger, W5LXS