[TenTec] In praise of older technology

k6jek k6jek at comcast.net
Sun Feb 23 03:30:35 EST 2014

They don't complain. They just advise. BTW, Jon, you're 50 Hz high or whatever.  When we aren't doing a round table but just jumping in, I know it's annoying to be pushing the RIT whenever party X transmits. And how about when X is 50 up and Y is 50 down?

In addition to using the latest greatest stuff, I like to see just how good I can get the old stuff to work without inappropriate modifications. The 100V didn't start out sounding better than anything else on the air. I had to wrestle it into submission.

Being actually on frequency is part of getting high performance out of old gear. How can you argue that?

Jon

PS: I would venture that my buddies aren't the simpletons you seem to think they are.