[TenTec] In praise of older technology

Mike Bryce prosolar at sssnet.com
Sun Feb 23 12:36:07 EST 2014

Bob, and the group,

I have several Omni Vs here and it took a while for me to get the knack of using the dual VFOs for RIT operation. and for those of you that have never used an Omni V, there is no “RIT” on it

The design was to use the dual VFOs as Bob described below.

Now that being said, Ten Tec brought back the RIT control on the Omni VI.

But, having that large main tuning knob for RIT use (on the Omni V) sure beats twisting that little RIT knob on the Omni VI.

Mike Bryce WB8VGE
prosolar at sssnet.com