[TenTec] OMNI V Frequency Changes

Ed Purvis wa4njy at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 27 13:29:05 EST 2014

For several months my OMNI V was off frequency from the readout by about 10 to 15 cycles.  Just enough for contacts to mention having to use RIT.  I installed the N4PY chip which allows me to bring display and output together.  The new chip made this a very different and enjoyable radio and the off freq. nuisance was gone.

Lately, there has been a freq. jump when changing bands.  The calibration is not holding.  The long term stability is good if left on one band.  The only work I have done is tighten screws on logic board and reset connectors.  No improvement.

My only thoughts are:  Y1 crystal, VFO encoder.  Not sure beyond those as possibilities.

Any input will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ed WA4NJY
Bradenton, Fl