[TenTec] In praise of older technology AM transmit with TenTec rigs

Richards jrichards at k8jhr.com
Fri Feb 28 01:40:51 EST 2014

I know a bunch of hams who went to Christmas Island with a pile of K3s,
and they enjoyed the fresh sea breeze so much ... they left the windows
open instead of closing the windows and using air conditioning.

Can you picture a pile of K3s rapidly corroding in the warm sea breeze?
   By the time they returned home... well... I guess they were pretty
messed up.

There is an important lesson here:   1)  close the window... and  2)  I
will be leaving my TT gear at home.

On 2/27/2014 6:29 PM, Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP wrote:

> Many of our members use Ten-Tec transceivers at home but do not take them on
> the expeditions.  Too exotic.

../