[TenTec] Which one to sell?

Barry N1EU barry.n1eu at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 19:39:15 EST 2014

John, I'm sure you'll get plenty of opnions.  As far as I'm concerned,
it's a coin toss.

I've owned many Omni 6's of all flavors and vintages, from the
earliest to the very last production run.  I found no reason to prefer
the later vintages.  What WAS important to me, was that sometime in
1998, there was a drastic increase in the use of SMD components which
made it harder for me to service the Omni 6+.  I tend to prefer an
Option 3 or early 6+ for that reason, which goes counter to what most
folks would feel.  I've closely compared an Option 3 side-by-side with
a late Omni 6+ and found no advantage to the 6+, including the number
of birdies.

There was also a firmware change to 1.03 during the Omni 6+ evolution
and many prefer the earlier 1.02 firmware (see thread beginning at
http://lists.contesting.com/_tentec/2004-08/msg00926.html for more
info).

73, Barry N1EU