[TenTec] On Switching Power Supplies

M. WIJK pa5mw at home.nl
Fri Jan 17 02:58:37 EST 2014

People forget that the CE mark (original sticker or cloned sign) are effectively 100% similar.
There is no cheat CE label, as it is not an official dispatched label.

IT PROVES NOTHING.

again

CE proves nothing

again

any CE marking does not prove anything at all, ever.

PERIOD.

In short: any manufacturer selling products is required to
1.) show a sticker/add anything that shows 'CE'

Products in shops are required to show a CE label.
Here it effectively ENDS for administrations.

Now manufacturers are expected(but not verified) to:
2.) have its product tested by a 3rd party, which verifies that the product complies with the world wide and/or country specific applicable rules (called directives)
The manufacturer can choose any 3rd party test facility....

3.) Choose any accredited 3rd party test facility
We have only very few of these in Europe, I know from experience they take their job very serious.
But China has such accredited test facilities too. And they are much cheaper/have the paperwork done much quicker ;)

4.) Offer all kinds of 'proof'
This is the (online) added printed document Declaration Of Conformity (DOC) which shows the directives it complies to.
Add a sticker with the text: CE

NONE of the above follows any official verified route, it is ALL a matter of volontary actions.

73 Mark, PA5MW

* I did sit next to a ' CE approbation officer' of a major company for many years.