[TenTec] On Noisy Transmitters

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Mon Jul 7 01:20:59 EDT 2014

On 7/6/2014 4:38 PM, K8JHR wrote:
> I know there are loads of 590s in service in contest group shacks and
> have been used happily on many FD sites, so the question becomes one
> of statistical significance.

That's the approach of a business manager, or a public relations
manager, or an attorney defending a guilty client, but it's NOT good
science. Science in this case happens in the lab where the actual
performance of rigs is MEASURED under controlled conditions that are
representative of operating conditions. Some measurements can also be
done with spectrum analyzers looking at the signals from transmitter on
the air. See my link of a day or so ago to the presentation on clean
signals.

73, Jim K9YC