[TenTec] On Noisy Transmitters

K8JHR jrichards at k8jhr.com
Mon Jul 7 03:50:45 EDT 2014

REALLY ???   You say this is all based on science.

	OK... SHOW ME THE SCIENCE.

Instead of calling me names, please EXPLAIN exactly what makes this
problem statistically significant.  Screw the lawyer reference.  I am
just a guy who is fascinated by radio.

Don't just proclaim it, actually EXPLAIN AND PROVE IT.

	Just what "science" am I missing?
	Where are the lab studies?
	Who did them, and how were they done?
	Where are the real world case studies?
	How many such cases are there?
	How many cases are document with test measurements?

AND make it all SPECIFIC to the TS-590 ... generalizations that apply to
radios in general can not suffice prove the 590 is any worse than any
other radio.  Is K3LR an ignorant business manager type?  He has a pile
of ICOM radios which, according to generalizations made in this thread,
are subject to the same faults as the TS-590s.  Is he also clueless?

A good expert witness, like a good teacher, is expected to explain
complex and abstruse concepts to regular folks.  Pretend you must
convince 12 jurors who are not experts, but possess common sense, and
consider 5 of 12,000 individual cases statistically insignificant.

One does not need an advanced degree to recognize the old Fifth Grade
brush off - you know, when an adult avoids stating a real answer by
saying, "Someday you will understand..."    Even the unwashed who walk
amongst the wise know when somebody is making a claim they have yet to
substantiate.

Here is an opportunity to serve a buffet of SCIENTIFIC PROOF, because,
so far, I count Rick's two cases in Germany, Bob's case from Field Day,
and, I will even spot you two free bonus cases, gratis, just to be
sporting.

	WHERE ARE ALL THE OTHER CASES?

	Why is there nothing about this on the reflectors?

	How could so many guys using these radios not know this?

Mr. Burdick is a fine gentleman, really, but I suspect our jury might
not give his testimony full weight and consideration because, first, he
has an obvious conflict of interest, and, second, his comments are
purely anecdotal, lacking any specific real world examples, bearing the
same lack of statistical significance we are seeking by this inquiry.

So,... please explain what specific "science" refutes me when I say
there are loads of guys using the rig with no reported problems?  What
are all these guys (and I) missing?