[TenTec] Eagle vs. TS-590S

Mon Jul 7 13:56:33 EDT 2014

With SPLIT one frequency is transmit and one is receive.  Thus RX is
adjustable without changing TX freq..

With RIT one frequency is transmit and one is receive offset by the RIT
value.  Thus RX is adjustable without changing TX freq.

My point, SPLIT shows the RX freq and TX freq.  With RIT one knows the TX
freq but has to add or subtract the RIT value to know the RX freq.

If one prefers a different tone on CW, they should adjust their sidetone
frequency thus the two stations will be on the same frequency.  Otherwise
they are using two different frequencies when one would be most adequate.  I
come across many CW stations in QSO that are not on the same frequency.
Likely they do prefer a different tone depending on ones preference and
there's nothing wrong with that.  However in this case they should adjust
their sidetone frequency accordingly.

Just depends on which flavor of ice cream one prefers.

73
Bob, K4TAX