[TenTec] On Noisy Transmitters

w8au at sssnet.com w8au at sssnet.com
Mon Jul 7 14:46:30 EDT 2014

Enjoyed the long discussion on this topic.

Unfortunately, one of the most popular rigs is the
IC-706 series.  Use of xmit BP filters is a must on these things
if running multi, as in Field Day or contesting.  (Doubt real contesters
would use this radio)

Doing the PTT test on these (without talking) really messes up the spectrum

Perry   w8au