[TenTec] Mega Sale Pricing

K8JHR jrichards at k8jhr.com
Tue Jul 8 21:56:02 EDT 2014

On 7/8/2014 7:06 PM, Rodney wrote:
> All the new hams want radios with tuners

OK - That explains TT's sale strategy.  (Although, the fact TT includes
the auto tuner and 300 Hz CW filter is, I think, brilliant.)

I like having an internal auto tuner, although I generally try to build
antennas which don't need a tuner.  While I have a TT 238C and other
outboard tuners, I think of an internal auto tuner as "tuner insurance"
- it is there, just in case.

Considering the size of the discount, I am trying like Heck to justify
buying another radio.  Even my wife supports the notion.  I could add an
Eagle with a Telepost LP-Pan for substantially less many alternatives.
  A Flex might cost me $2300 - but for around $1650 I could have
equivalent functionality, PLUS I would have a complete radio that can
operate fully on its own without a computer.  How cool is that?!

Too bad the Argo VI does not have an easy panadapter output, as it could
serve as a very affordable second receiver/panadapter option, and it
would greatly enhance its utility if TT or someone else devised a
simple, inexpensive way to make that happen.