[TenTec] Mega Sale Pricing

Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP Rick at DJ0IP.de
Wed Jul 9 03:22:58 EDT 2014

James, once you get on 80m, you'll find out you also need a tuner, despite
resonant antennas.

Even if you could put up a full-size 80m dipole, you still need a tuner to
cover the whole band.
Once again it's that little pest called "fractional bandwidth".

Of course if you put up a reduced size antenna for 80m, which is quite
likely with your yard, then you'll need a tuner, even if you only work SSB
mode.

In the past, when I bought my rigs with optional tuners, I tended to buy
without the tuner because I thought similar: "I'll build my high band
antennas resonant and matched, and use openwire and an external symmetrical
tuner for the low bands."
Sounded like a good plan at the time.

After moving house 5 times in the past 20 years, I changed my mind.
  ** ALWAYS buy the radio with the tuner. **
REASON:  things change, and the tuner may not be available later, should you
need it.

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt am Main)