[TenTec] Model 1225 SWR and Wattmeter Kit

Sun Jul 13 23:05:06 EDT 2014

My choice is the Daiwa CN-801HP.   I did the jumper mod that was in QST
some  time ago.  That allows it to read SWR when in PEP mode.  Otherwise in
PEP  mode it only indicates forward power.  The peak hold feature is nice
and  works well.

 I also found that calibrating all the ranges of 20 watts, 200 watts and
2000  watts in both AVG and PEP modes as well as the reflected ranges  makes
it  as
 accurate as my Bird 43P.  There are 9 calibration pots, being 3 for each
power range in AVG, and 3 for each power range in PEP and three for each
power range in reflected mode.  Except with the Bird I have to have at
least  6 slugs to cover the frequency and power values.

 73
 Bob, K4TAX