[TenTec] More on WRTC Results

Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP Rick at DJ0IP.de
Tue Jul 22 16:38:25 EDT 2014

Jim, in the beginning we thought it was cool to have a YL team here in our
Bavarian Contest Club.
However once they began kicking our behinds... it wasn't quite as cool as we
thought (hi).
Our girls are GOOD!

We are campaigning to get WRTC here in Germany in 2018.
If successful, I will be very busy because my company will (probably) be
sponsoring the antennas.
I first thought it was a great idea, until I learned it would be 60 teams.
It doesn't come out of my pocket, but I'm on the service delivery side.
Can you spell  W O R K !  (hi)

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt am Main)

-----Original Message-----
From: TenTec [mailto:tentec-bounces at contesting.com] On Behalf Of Jim Brown
Sent: Tuesday, July 22, 2014 10:16 PM
To: tentec at contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] More on WRTC Results

On 7/22/2014 12:39 PM, Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP wrote:
> Well the No.1 team was from the states and had the home advantage.
> No.2 was from the Slovak Republic and No.3 was from our Bavarian
> Contest Club - both teams being European.

Of course. The same thing happened in Russia four years ago -- EU ops tended
to do better.

I chatted with W6OAT on Sunday at the NCDXC picnic. He was referee for the
team that was two German YLs. He described them as superb operators.
The placed a very respectable #21, 0.3% behind N4YDU, and with an excellent
1.3% error rate.

73, Jim K9YC