[TenTec] Rigs at WRTC

Mike Stricker via TenTec tentec at contesting.com
Fri Jul 25 17:12:06 EDT 2014

By no stretch of the imagination am I a contester, let alone a serious contester.  I dabble in all the SSB contests, however, and my experience has been that once a radio has a minimum level of performance, ease of use winds up being more important.  Perhaps the laboratory measurements don't really tell the whole story:-)  The ICOMs are certainly a lot more user friendly than the American made radios.

I would much rather use my modified IC-7200 over my Eagle under contest conditions and would much rather use my Eagle when I work my regular schedules.

OK, now flame me.

Mike, WA1SEO