[TenTec] Rigs at WRTC

Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP Rick at DJ0IP.de
Sat Jul 26 02:38:55 EDT 2014

Apparently you missed a couple of points, James.

When Rob says the number one criteria is, you have to enjoy using the rig,
then showing the list of radios shows what people prefer.  It's interesting
to see.  It is important that the operator be totally familiar with his
radio and can operate it "in his sleep".

I would also like to have seen which antennas were used.  You wanted to see
which code keys were used.  All of this information is interesting.

The world all-time records were broken on a dozen TS-850's in a time that
there were much better radios on the market.  Nobody said the radio doesn't
make any difference, we just said it is not the most important criteria. It
only has to be good enough.

Clearly the number one difference is the operator, assuming he is not dumped
into some pathetic QTH.

However you bring up a good point.
People are putting way too much focus on Rob's list.
It shows just one aspect of how he found the radio.
You must read his entire test of each radio to get the full picture.

We can't argue with your statistics, but now factor in 'cost' and see how
many people are going to be able to use what the winners used.  In bangs for
the bucks, I guess the old TS-850 wins!

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt am Main)