[TenTec] Just how are things at Tentec?

Sat Jul 26 08:15:25 EDT 2014

Like most of you, my mailbox is frequently loaded with comments about the Mega Sale, when orders were received, when they were acknowledged and then the ultimate, when the new radio was shipped and then received.   I'll admit, some of these e-mails originate as questions about a new radio and come to me privately.  That's OK too.   I'm a Tentec Ambassador and consider it my role and privilege to assist others.

I've looked back through my collection of e-mails received and have been amazed at the numbers.  Now folks, we all know that business is business and with any business the numbers are always held close to the table.  I don't have an OUIJA board for projections.  Small company production and procurement is always a challenging managerial balancing act.  Component lead time procurement can easily get to be several weeks if not months.  This means if the parts aren't in house today it may be several weeks before production can begin or be completed.  One component short and there is a non-shippable unit.

What's further amazing it seems that Tentec is shipping radios every day.  They are successfully dealing with the huge influx of orders.  Based on e-mails that I see, the orders still seem to be coming in {"I ordered mine today"} and radios are still being shipped {"I received mine today"} .  Yet as orders are received, parts must be ordered and paid for.  And then the merchandise does not get billed until the product ships.  Talk about cash flow concerns, yep they must be huge while  running with some 8 to 12 week backlog.  Yet, radios are get shipped every day.  I'm not at all implying that one can order a radio today or tomorrow and expect it next week.  The latest e-mails seems to indicated the backlog of orders is in the 8 to 12 week time period.

I did some math, some projections, and applied the famous economic SWAG factor.  My speculation is that the MEGA SALE event will likely produce more shipped products during the month of July than likely occurred during 2013.    That's simply amazing as I know how many questions I received in 2013 and how many I've received during July this year alone.    What's next?   Well the MEGA SALE pricing ends July 31st and that's only 6 days.  Based on a projected order rate and delivery cycle, not knowing what was in finished goods inventory at the beginning, it is easy to project that there could be more units shipped in 2014 than in the past 10 years.   Huh, you say.  Perhaps an overly optimistic speculation on my part.  Could be true as the actual orders, confirmations and "my new radio is to ships today" types of communications pass along the data waves.

Now where am I going with all of this?  As a Tentec Ambassador it is my role and my pleasure to assist any of you with any questions you may have, be they before you place your order, you may need suggestions on configuration or maybe just operating guidelines.   I am here along with the other Ambassadors to assist.  You are welcome to post on the reflector or to my personal e-mail.  I'll try to answer each one in a timely manner.

Now back to my radios,  I have QSO's to make.

73
Bob, K4TAX

P.S.  --  I'll send this individually to several lists.  Pardon if you may receive it more than once.

DISCLOSURE:
This is to inform all persons, I am a Tentec Ambassador and I receive
compensation according to the Tentec Ambassador program.  In addition, I
serve as a volunteer beta test person to Tentec for the Omni VII, Eagle
and Argonaut VI radios.  I hold no employment relationship, no financial
interests nor do I conduct any commercial business, direct or indirect,
with Tentec.